List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:petya Date:June 3 2009 2:19pm
Subject:Re: high performance test data/test query generator
View as plain text
I use jmeter too, but it can't generate the test dataset (if I have to
write this, I plan that it will create a jmeter test case with the
generated test data). Usually my ad-hoc script generates csv files (to
load initial data) and jmeter test cases.

Michael Dykman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM, petya <petya@stripped> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have lots of mysql servers, master-slave and sharded databases. A
>> recurring task when a new feature/application comes in to test the database
>> with real workload. This needs test data and test query generation. Until
>> now I did this with ad-hoc scripts, I looked for tools to do this, so far I
>> found nothing.
>>
>> The closest thing to this was benerator, but it doesn't generate test
>> queries. I need to measure write performance too (or concurrent read/write
>> performance), so it would be good if I can tell the tool to generate bulk
>> inserts with n records or generate a csv file or generate single insert...
>> statements, so I can simulate the application's workload (of course I can do
>> this with the application itself, but in development stage it is important
>> to see how the database itself performs).
>>
>> Does such a tool exists? No problem if it is mysql only. If not, I think I
>> will write one.
>>
>> Peter Boros
>
> It is by no means the only such tool, but I have often use JMeter as
> an all-purpose load-generation tool.  It has good support for database
> testing among other things..
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-db-test-plan.html

Thread
high performance test data/test query generatorpetya3 Jun
Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya3 Jun
  • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya4 Jun
    • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorJohnny Withers4 Jun
    • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorAmr Mostafa6 Jun
      • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya6 Jun