List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:petya Date:June 3 2009 1:41pm
Subject:high performance test data/test query generator
View as plain text
Hi,

We have lots of mysql servers, master-slave and sharded databases. A
recurring task when a new feature/application comes in to test the
database with real workload. This needs test data and test query
generation. Until now I did this with ad-hoc scripts, I looked for tools
to do this, so far I found nothing.

The closest thing to this was benerator, but it doesn't generate test
queries. I need to measure write performance too (or concurrent
read/write performance), so it would be good if I can tell the tool to
generate bulk inserts with n records or generate a csv file or generate
single insert... statements, so I can simulate the application's
workload (of course I can do this with the application itself, but in
development stage it is important to see how the database itself performs).

Does such a tool exists? No problem if it is mysql only. If not, I think
I will write one.

Peter Boros
Thread
high performance test data/test query generatorpetya3 Jun
Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya3 Jun
  • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya4 Jun
    • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorJohnny Withers4 Jun
    • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorAmr Mostafa6 Jun
      • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya6 Jun