List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Moon's Father Date:June 3 2009 8:15am
Subject:How to check whether the lock is a share lock or exclusive lock?
View as plain text
Hi.
   I want to know which lock method is used within MySQL?
For example, if I query the following statements within MySQL client.
mysql> begin;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from GroupId_Test where id = 212 lock in share
mode;

+-----+---------+
| id  | GroupId |
+-----+---------+
| 212 | 3014485 |
+-----+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

But when I execute statement called show engine innodb status, it only
display the total lock numbers.

Anybody can tell me how to see whether the lock is a share lock or exclusive
lock?

--
David Yeung,
MySQL Senior Support Engineer,

Thread
How to check whether the lock is a share lock or exclusive lock?Moon's Father3 Jun
  • Re: How to check whether the lock is a share lock or exclusive lock?Moon's Father5 Jun
    • Re: How to check whether the lock is a share lock or exclusive lock?Johan De Meersman5 Jun