List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:June 2 2009 6:44pm
Subject:RE: AW: creating databases in different folders
View as plain text
>> [JS] So far as I know, Windows supports mount points but not symbolic
>> links.
>
>You are correct Jerry, Windows does not support symbolic links but for
>MySQL purposes you can create an .sym file containing the full path to
>the
>new location and MySQL will read the file and look in the specified path
>for the database files.

[JS] That's great to know, I've never needed that ability so I never looked
into it. I suppose I'll promptly forget it, but you never know what will
stick.
>The procedure is covered in the documentation here
>
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/windows-symbolic-links.html

>> This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
>> http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Thread
creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
  • AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
    • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
        • RE: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartin Gainty2 Jun
        • Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
        • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
        • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
          • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
            • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
            • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
  • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartijn Tonies2 Jun
  • Re: creating databases in different foldersWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Jun