List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ray Date:June 2 2009 3:52pm
Subject:Question about query - can this be done?
View as plain text
Hello,

I've tried the manual and google, but I am not even sure what to call what I
want to do.

simplified data example:
I have a table of start and end times for an event, and an id for that event
in a table. each event may occur multiple times, but never more than 5 times
and rarely more than 3.
I want a query that will provide one record per event with all times included.
feel free to answer RTFM or STFW as long as you provide the manual section or
key words.  ;)
Thanks,
Ray

chart form follows:

id | event_id | start | end
---------------------------------------
1  |    4         | t1    | t2
2  |    4         | t3    | t4
3  |    4         | t5    | t6
4  |    5         | t1    | t2
5  |    5         | t3    | t4

becomes

id | event_id | start | end | start | end | start | end
?  |     4        | t1    | t2     | t3    | t4    |  t5    | t6
?  |     5        | t1    | t2     | t3    | t4
Thread
Question about query - can this be done?Ray2 Jun
  • Re: Question about query - can this be done?Brent Baisley2 Jun
    • Mysql 4.1 vs 5.0Jaime Fuentes2 Jun
  • Re: Question about query - can this be done?Peter Brawley2 Jun
    • Re: Question about query - can this be done?Ray2 Jun
      • Re: Question about query - can this be done?Ray2 Jun
        • RE: Question about query - can this be done?Nathan Sullivan3 Jun
          • [solved]Re: Question about query - can this be done?Ray3 Jun