List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benedikt Schackenberg Date:June 2 2009 3:18pm
Subject:AW: AW: creating databases in different folders
View as plain text
Thx john !! i can use this :)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Daisley [mailto:john.daisley@stripped]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009 17:10
An: Jerry Schwartz
Cc: john.daisley@stripped; 'Foo JH';
schackenberg@stripped; mysql@stripped
Betreff: RE: AW: creating databases in different folders

You are correct Jerry, Windows does not support symbolic links but for
MySQL purposes you can create an .sym file containing the full path to the
new location and MySQL will read the file and look in the specified path
for the database files.

The procedure is covered in the documentation here

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/windows-symbolic-links.html

> This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
> http://www.netintelligence.com/email

creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
  • AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
    • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
        • RE: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartin Gainty2 Jun
        • Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
        • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
        • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
          • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
            • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
            • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
  • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartijn Tonies2 Jun
  • Re: creating databases in different foldersWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Jun