List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Foo JH Date:June 2 2009 11:56am
Subject:Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different folders
View as plain text
From the sound of things, apart from using symbolic links, all MySQL
databases MUST reside within the same data root folder.

Some further questions:
1. On the *NIX, *BSD platform, do you guys locate the databases in diff
folders and link it back to the data root on production systems?

2. If I were to use Innodb, there is NO way to separate the files used
by different databases?

Benedikt Schackenberg wrote:
> I think, that will not work with one database daemon. Then you have to
> install for every database one daemon ;)

Thread
creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
  • AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
    • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
        • RE: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartin Gainty2 Jun
        • Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
        • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
        • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
          • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
            • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
            • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
  • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartijn Tonies2 Jun
  • Re: creating databases in different foldersWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Jun