List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Foo JH Date:June 2 2009 11:53am
Subject:Re: AW: creating databases in different folders
View as plain text
John Daisley wrote:
> MySQL represents each database by means of a database directory located
> within the data directory. You can move a database directory to a location
> outside the datadirectory and replace it with a symlink.
Thanks for the tip John, esp. the detailed steps to take. It sounds
scary (I did some reading and there's some concerns about deleting stuff
via Windows Explorer), but I'd give it a shot and update you on the success.

Thread
creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
  • AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
    • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
        • RE: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartin Gainty2 Jun
        • Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
        • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
        • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
          • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
            • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
            • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
  • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartijn Tonies2 Jun
  • Re: creating databases in different foldersWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Jun