List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck - OlinData.com Date:June 2 2009 10:24am
Subject:Re: creating databases in different folders
View as plain text
You might try and hack something together using NTFS juction points.
Unadvisable though, and probably unsupported.

Walter

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Foo JH <jhfoo-ml@stripped> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using MySQL 5.0 on Windows 2003.
>
> Problem background: We use the same server for different applications.
> All the applications share the same server as the database server. Each
> application uses their own database. In MSSQL we put each database in
> the corresponding application folder so that the application root folder
> contains everything (including the database).
>
> Now we're trying to do the same for MySQL as well, but I'm not sure how
> I can specify that a database should be created in a particular
> directory (and it's almost always not in C:\Program Files\MySQL Server).
>
> Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Walter Heck, Consultant @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related technologies

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org
Thread
creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
  • AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
    • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
        • RE: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartin Gainty2 Jun
        • Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
        • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
        • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
          • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
            • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
            • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
  • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartijn Tonies2 Jun
  • Re: creating databases in different foldersWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Jun