List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:June 2 2009 9:56am
Subject:Re: AW: creating databases in different folders
View as plain text
Hi,

> Benedikt Schackenberg wrote:
>> You can configure it in the my.cnf file: there you can set the data
>> directory.
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> My concern is that setting the data directory puts ALL databases in that
> folder. What I plan to do is to put databases in separate folders.
>
> Is that possible?

If you don't use InnoDB, then a "database" IS a folder.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
Thread
creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
  • AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
    • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
        • RE: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartin Gainty2 Jun
        • Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
        • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
        • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
          • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
            • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
            • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
  • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartijn Tonies2 Jun
  • Re: creating databases in different foldersWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Jun