List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Foo JH Date:June 2 2009 3:00am
Subject:creating databases in different folders
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm using MySQL 5.0 on Windows 2003.

Problem background: We use the same server for different applications.
All the applications share the same server as the database server. Each
application uses their own database. In MSSQL we put each database in
the corresponding application folder so that the application root folder
contains everything (including the database).

Now we're trying to do the same for MySQL as well, but I'm not sure how
I can specify that a database should be created in a particular
directory (and it's almost always not in C:\Program Files\MySQL Server).

Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Thread
creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
  • AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
    • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
        • RE: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartin Gainty2 Jun
        • Re: AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
      • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
        • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersFoo JH2 Jun
        • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
          • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJohn Daisley2 Jun
            • AW: AW: creating databases in different foldersBenedikt Schackenberg2 Jun
            • RE: AW: creating databases in different foldersJerry Schwartz2 Jun
  • Re: AW: creating databases in different foldersMartijn Tonies2 Jun
  • Re: creating databases in different foldersWalter Heck - OlinData.com2 Jun