List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Timothy Little Date:May 29 2009 7:41pm
Subject:Why can't I kill the query cache?
View as plain text
Also titled, I want this to run slow ALL the time...

I have a group of dreadful queries that I have to optimize.

Some take 20-30 seconds each -- the first time that I run them.  But
then they never seem to take that long after the first time (taking less
than a second then).  If I change the "keywords" searched for in the
where clauses, then they take a long time again... so it's the
query-cache or something just like it.

BUT, I am doing this each time :
flush tables;
reset query cache;
set global query_cache_size=0;
SELECT   SQL_NO_CACHE DISTINCT ca.conceptid AS headingid,

And still it's not avoiding the cache.

Is there a cache I'm missing?

Tim...

Thread
contributing to mysql ..mugisha moses27 May
  • Re: contributing to mysql ..Mattia Merzi27 May
    • RE: contributing to mysql ..Martin Gainty27 May
    • Why can't I kill the query cache?Timothy Little29 May
      • Re: Why can't I kill the query cache?Gerald L. Clark29 May
        • Re: Why can't I kill the query cache?Dan Nelson29 May
          • Re: Why can't I kill the query cache?Eric Bergen29 May
            • Re: Why can't I kill the query cache?Baron Schwartz30 May