List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:May 27 2009 4:46pm
Subject:Re: Create function ignore deps
View as plain text
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Cantwell, Bryan
<bcantwell@stripped> wrote:
> I want to check all my functions and procs into my svn as individual sql files. When
> I use these to create my db, the person doing this may not realize the correct order to
> run these files and not have dependency challenges... How can I have procs that depend on
> functions, or vice versa, get successfully created without regard to correct order?
> Thanks
> Bryancan

I prefixed the filenames of the various discrete files with numeric
prefixes like so

10-create-customer.sql
20-finalize-transaction.sql

and then wrote a shell script to fire them off in sort-order.  I
deliberately used the numbering convention from line-numbered basic to
allow me to inject intervening files without having to renumber the
set.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
GRANT and ticks or no ticks...Daevid Vincent27 May
  • Re: GRANT and ticks or no ticks...Claudio Nanni27 May
    • Create function ignore depsBryan Cantwell27 May
      • Re: Create function ignore depsMichael Dykman27 May