List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ewen fortune Date:May 27 2009 9:43am
Subject:Re: ibdata1 lost
View as plain text
Sebastien,

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Sebastien MORETTI
<sebastien.moretti@stripped> wrote:

>>> I think it's too late for this, because the MySQL server has been
>>> restarted.
>>

>> You may be able to recover from the file system. So long as you
>> haven't written lots of data to the file system since the loss the
>> restart shouldn't matter.
>
> Do you know how to do this with Linux Suse ?

It will depend on which file system you are using.

I would stop any writes to the file system and either google file
system recovery for your file system or get on the mailing list/irc
channel for your file system.

If you are using ext3 this might help.

http://code.google.com/p/ext3grep/

Ewen

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ewen
>

> --
> Sébastien Moretti

Thread
ibdata1 lostSebastien MORETTI27 May
  • Re: ibdata1 lostJohan De Meersman27 May
  • RE: ibdata1 lostAndrew Braithwaite27 May
    • Re: ibdata1 lostSebastien MORETTI27 May
      • Re: ibdata1 lostewen fortune27 May