List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davor Cengija Date:April 20 1999 7:38pm
Subject:Re: Filtering Mail
View as plain text
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Ken Kimball wrote:

>Maybe I'm missing something, but how is everyone else filtering the mail
>from this list?  I find the list very helpful, but having to manually
>move messages to a subfolder is kind of a pain...

       (if on linux/unix/similar system)
       just put this in your $HOME/.procmailrc (and some basic
       procmail stuff on the top of the file, such as your mail dir.
       ertc.)

:0
*(^To:|Cc:).*mysql.com
mysql

       of course, mysql 'foolder' folder should exist.
       check man pager for the following programs: procmail,
       procmailrc, procmailex.
Davor Cengija
Davor.Cengija@stripped
"Please allow 30 days for delivery"