List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sebastien MORETTI Date:May 27 2009 9:24am
Subject:Re: ibdata1 lost
View as plain text
> Hi,
>
> Your data is gone (unless you can undelete it from whatever filesystems you're
> using).

I think it's too late for this, because the MySQL server has been restarted.

> You should be able to recover the schema from the directories and .frm files by doing
> something like this hack:
>
> 1. Take a copy of your .frm files and keep them somewhere safe.
> 2. Create a database with tables of same name as the XXX.frm files.  Just make the
> tables with one column and don't put any data in them.
> 3. Stop the mysqld and replace the newly created .frm files with saved .frm files
> 4. Start mysqld and the tables should be replaced with the old ones but with no
> data.

Thanks for the schema.
But the main problem is the data. The generation process was near
completion when we lost ibdata1 file. So, no dump.

--
Sébastien Moretti

Thread
ibdata1 lostSebastien MORETTI27 May
  • Re: ibdata1 lostJohan De Meersman27 May
  • RE: ibdata1 lostAndrew Braithwaite27 May
    • Re: ibdata1 lostSebastien MORETTI27 May
      • Re: ibdata1 lostewen fortune27 May