List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 27 2009 5:57am
Subject:Re: FW: GRANT and ticks or no ticks...
View as plain text
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Daevid Vincent <daevid@stripped> wrote:

> So why mySQL is putting back ticks in there even though I didn't,

Because it doesn't save your original statements, but recreates an
appropriate set from the grant tables.

> and more importantly why doesn't the second line say:

Because it's easier to get the password and the connect privilege out of the
way in the first line, and then methodically work down through all the other
privileges. The statements still do exactly what you asked for, they're just
easier to generate in that way.

--
Celsius is based on water temperature.
Fahrenheit is based on alcohol temperature.

Thread
FW: GRANT and ticks or no ticks...Daevid Vincent27 May
  • Re: FW: GRANT and ticks or no ticks...Walter Heck - OlinData.com27 May
  • Re: FW: GRANT and ticks or no ticks...Johan De Meersman27 May