List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:PJ Date:May 26 2009 6:24pm
Subject:dumb crash
View as plain text
Hydro Quebec just f***ed my server just as I was booting up three
machines; XP is ok, FreeBSD 7.1 is the one with mysql problem, FreeBSD
4.10 - don't know, but boots ok. Result: can't access database. One
table seems to abort mysqld. PhpMyAdmin connects to all databases except
one.

mysql> CHECK TABLE producer;
ERROR 2006 (HY000): Mysql server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id:     1
Current database: theproblem-one
Error 2006 (HY000: Mysql server has gone away
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local lMySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock'   (61)
ERROR: Can't connect to the server
mysql>

ps shows mysqls is running in safe mode

Can't find anything on googie
I've tried SELECT .... INTO OUTFILE - same errors...
WEBMIN shows all dbs except the fro producer and phpMyAdmin resets to
login page when trying to access producer table.

Any suggestions or bad experiences solved?

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."
Phil Jourdan --- pj@stripped

Thread
dumb crashPJ26 May
  • Re: dumb crashIsart Montane11 Jun