List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:May 25 2009 4:26pm
Subject:Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
View as plain text
The issues that we saw only came to light under stress.  The
application I am referring to ran under a fair bit of load at the best
of times but it was during sustained spikes that the flaws in our
driver made themselves apparent.

Mind you, we weren't using JFS, so I'm not sure how that would have reacted.

 - michael

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Per Jessen <per@stripped> wrote:
> Michael Dykman wrote:
>
>> Given the new hardware, I'm now suspecting the RAID controller. I have
>> seen misconfigured RAIDs or bad RAID drivers take out a server in just
>> such a manner.  I had a debian server connected to an EMC SAN..  As
>> debian isn't supported, we had this open-source driver which gave us
>> no end of problems.
>>
>> If a logical drive acts up or does something unexpected, MySQL could
>> react to that in a manner consistent with what you are seeing in your
>> log.
>
> Shouldn't/wouldn't the filesystem complain first?  There is a lot of
> activity on the filesystem, mysql is just a tiny part of it.
>
>> I would be tempted to put the hardware through a stress test.  I know
>> that's not much help.
>
> I really have no reason to suspect the hardware.  It's new, but it's
> been running in "burn-in" mode for about a month (although not with
> much load, mostly idling).  I might as well suspect the mysql build and
> try upgrading to a newer one.
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Steinfeld25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryDarryle Steplight25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen27 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen3 Jun