List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Per Jessen Date:May 25 2009 4:19pm
Subject: Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
View as plain text
Michael Dykman wrote:

> Given the new hardware, I'm now suspecting the RAID controller. I have
> seen misconfigured RAIDs or bad RAID drivers take out a server in just
> such a manner.  I had a debian server connected to an EMC SAN..  As
> debian isn't supported, we had this open-source driver which gave us
> no end of problems.
>
> If a logical drive acts up or does something unexpected, MySQL could
> react to that in a manner consistent with what you are seeing in your
> log.

Shouldn't/wouldn't the filesystem complain first?  There is a lot of
activity on the filesystem, mysql is just a tiny part of it.

> I would be tempted to put the hardware through a stress test.  I know
> that's not much help.

I really have no reason to suspect the hardware.  It's new, but it's
been running in "burn-in" mode for about a month (although not with
much load, mostly idling).  I might as well suspect the mysql build and
try upgrading to a newer one.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Thread
mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Steinfeld25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryDarryle Steplight25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen27 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen3 Jun