List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:May 25 2009 4:11pm
Subject:Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
View as plain text
Given the new hardware, I'm now suspecting the RAID controller. I have
seen misconfigured RAIDs or bad RAID drivers take out a server in just
such a manner.  I had a debian server connected to an EMC SAN..  As
debian isn't supported, we had this open-source driver which gave us
no end of problems.

If a logical drive acts up or does something unexpected, MySQL could
react to that in a manner consistent with what you are seeing in your
log.

I would be tempted to put the hardware through a stress test.  I know
that's not much help.

 - michael

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Per Jessen <per@stripped> wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> Michael Dykman wrote:
>>
>>> Have you tried running the offending SQL manually against you new
>>> installation?  Does it come back clean in the isolated case?
>>
>> No, not manually, but the job/the SQL is run several times a day,
>> maybe 2-3 times per hour.
>
> I've also just run the query manually a couple of times, no problems.
>

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Steinfeld25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryDarryle Steplight25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen27 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen3 Jun