List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Per Jessen Date:May 25 2009 3:56pm
Subject: Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
View as plain text
Michael Dykman wrote:

> Have you tried running the offending SQL manually against you new
> installation?  Does it come back clean in the isolated case?

No, not manually, but the job/the SQL is run several times a day, maybe
2-3 times per hour.

> Is there anything else which runs against this database at night?
> crons?

Yes, lots of stuff.  Cron-jobs, jobs submitted by daemons, etc.

> Could you post the script that you are running to give some context to
> the statement which winds up in your error log?

I'm generating a zonefile for rbldnsd with entries from my table since
midnight.  Entries from before midnight are put in a main-table,
entries after are in this regular "diff".

The statement is this:

SELECT domain,domain FROM dodgy_domain,spamdns_ipaddr WHERE
dodgy_domain.ipaddr=spamdns_ipaddr.ipaddr group by domain having
min(first)>='<midnight>'

Tonight it will be changed to:  (single domain, not domain,domain)

SELECT domain FROM dodgy_domain,spamdns_ipaddr WHERE
dodgy_domain.ipaddr=spamdns_ipaddr.ipaddr group by domain having
min(first)>='<midnight>'

Additional context: The server is brandnew, an HP Proliant with dual
quad-core Xeons and 10Gb RAM.  The filesystem is JFS on hardware RAID6.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Thread
mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Steinfeld25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryDarryle Steplight25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen27 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen3 Jun