List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Per Jessen Date:May 25 2009 2:19pm
Subject:Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
View as plain text
Michael Dykman wrote:

> It might be helpful if you could tell us how you affected your data
> migration

Sorry, I'm not familiar with reporting problems in/on mysql.

The data migration was done with a full database dump (mysqldump) from
the 32bit system, then a reload on the new 64bit system.  I think it
took 6-8 hours.

 > and what kind of job was running at the time it went down.

The job executing the SQL mentioned in the log ran on another server. It
is a SELECT running from the command line (in a Makefile). I'm not sure
what else to tell you.

> Having the server go away mid-query generally does mean you have run
> into a bug of some sort but, more often than not, you were doing
> something ill-advised at the time.

The setup has been running for at least two years with no such problems.

Let me know what other info would be interesting.

best regards
Per Jessen
Thread
mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Steinfeld25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
    • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryMichael Dykman25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryDarryle Steplight25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen25 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen27 May
  • Re: mysql error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during queryPer Jessen3 Jun