List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Kettlewell Date:May 24 2009 1:48am
Subject:Linking for maximum portability
View as plain text
Hello -

I'm trying to build an executable that would be distributed in binary
form, but needs to link to a MySQL DB -

problem  I'm finding is that the shared libs range in name ,, etc...  And throw a
run-time error when it isn't found...

Is there a way to compile to just the .so, without the extension that
would be more portable?

Or is there a better approach to this?  or do I just need to maintain a
copy that is linked to each different version ?

Matthew Kettlewell

SEO TuneUp Tool - See how Google views your site

Follow me:
Skype:    kettlewell-enterprises-inc

Linking for maximum portabilityMatthew Kettlewell24 May
  • Re: Linking for maximum portabilityDan Nelson25 May