List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthew Kettlewell Date:May 24 2009 1:48am
Subject:Linking for maximum portability
View as plain text
Hello -

I'm trying to build an executable that would be distributed in binary
form, but needs to link to a MySQL DB -

problem  I'm finding is that the shared libs range in name
libmysqlclient.so.15 , libmysqlclient.so.14, etc...  And throw a
run-time error when it isn't found...

Is there a way to compile to just the .so, without the extension that
would be more portable?

Or is there a better approach to this?  or do I just need to maintain a
copy that is linked to each different version ?

Thanks

Matt

--
Matthew Kettlewell
http://www.Kettlewell.net/

SEO TuneUp Tool - See how Google views your site
http://www.kettlewell.net/seo-tuneup

Follow me:
Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/kettlewell
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kettlewell
Skype:    kettlewell-enterprises-inc

Thread
Linking for maximum portabilityMatthew Kettlewell24 May
  • Re: Linking for maximum portabilityDan Nelson25 May