List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:TETTERTON George Date:May 20 2009 8:30pm
Subject:Starting MySQL in Maintenance mode
View as plain text
How do I start MySQL in maintenance/single user mode so I can create
indexes on a table that is being updated often?
I prefer for the update transactions to fail immediately with a
connection error rather than to wait for a lock to be released.

In Oracle you can startup nomount. What is the equivalent for MySQL?

George Tetterton
Alcatel-Lucent
3400 W. Plano Pkwy
Plano, TX 75075
Office: 972-477-1571
Cell: 972-400-0887
Email: george.tetterton@stripped
<blocked::mailto:george.tetterton@stripped>
Yahoo Messenger ID: george_tetterton

Thread
Starting MySQL in Maintenance modeTETTERTON George20 May
  • RE: Starting MySQL in Maintenance modeRolando Edwards20 May
    • RE: Starting MySQL in Maintenance modeTETTERTON George21 May