List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:May 20 2009 7:11pm
Subject:mySQL slave IO Running and SQL Running
View as plain text
We have a master / slave setup and as you know, one bad query can ruin your
whole day. Or if you accidentally write to the slave when you meant to write
to the master, or any number of other things that break the fragility of a
replication setup.

The magic incantation to get them synched again seems to be to login to the
slave and do this (over and over again until the Slave_IO_Running and
Slave_SQL_Running both say "Yes"):

mysql> stop slave; SET GLOBAL SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER = 1; start slave; show
slave status\G

Is there a way to automate this a little bit. Maybe some bash script that
uses "mysql -e" and parses for those two strings?
Is this dangerous to do?
Is there a setting to have the slave do this already?

In every case I've ever seen, it's always some SQL that got out of whack
like this:

Last_Error: Error 'Duplicate key name 'id_operator'' on query. Default
database: 'core'. Query: 'ALTER TABLE `user_has_notification` ADD INDEX
`id_operator` (`id_operator`)'

Thread
mySQL slave IO Running and SQL RunningDaevid Vincent20 May
  • Re: mySQL slave IO Running and SQL RunningClaudio Nanni20 May
    • RE: mySQL slave IO Running and SQL RunningGavin Towey20 May
      • RE: mySQL slave IO Running and SQL RunningDaevid Vincent20 May
        • RE: mySQL slave IO Running and SQL RunningJerry Schwartz21 May