List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Smith Date:May 20 2009 4:02pm
Subject:Large insert question
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm working on a project that will be inserting very large text streams into a database.
They range from 100K to 100M.  I suspect that the average will be about 2M per insert.
This is a low volume (under 20 inserts per day).  I don't really need to optimize much on
this but I had a question regarding max data per insert.  I know some time ago on another
project I had to increase sometime to handle inserts over a certain size because of a
default setting that limited the size of the data per connection.  Anyone know what
setting I need to tweak to ensure that it can accept large inserts of this size?

Thanks,

Gary
Thread
Large insert questionGary Smith20 May
  • Re: Large insert questionMichael Dykman20 May
    • RE: Large insert questionGary Smith20 May