List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Shariff Yadallee -  System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem Date:May 20 2009 11:44am
Subject:Re: Upgrade Mysql
View as plain text
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:27:51AM +0200, Webmaster Studio Informatica wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I need to upgrade Mysql 4 to Mysql 5 on Linux.
>

> I will uninstall version 4 and install version 5.
>

> With uninstallation usually database files remain in /var/lib/mysql/
>

> I want to know if with the installation of Mysql 5 those database will be "recognized
> and imported" to work with the new version automatically.
>

> Thank You.
> believed to be clean.

Your best path is to

If 4.0,

Compile 4.1

Follow upgrade procedure

If 4.1

Compile 5.0

Follow upgrade procedure

If 5.0

Compile 5.1

Follow upgrade procedure.

Thread
Upgrade MysqlWebmaster Studio Informatica20 May
  • Re: Upgrade MysqlScott Haneda20 May
  • Re: Upgrade MysqlDave Shariff Yadallee -  System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem20 May
  • Re: Upgrade MysqlPaul Choi20 May
    • Re: Upgrade MysqlClaudio Nanni20 May
Re: Upgrade MysqlWebmaster Studio Informatica21 May