List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George Eleftheriou Date:April 21 1999 1:43pm
Subject:cannot shut it down
View as plain text
Hi all,
this may sound trivial to some of you. I have installed the database on my
home directory(I have no root privileges), and I can start it, but when I
try to create a table or shut it down using mysqladmin I get:
bin/mysqladmin: shutdown failed; error: 'Access denied for user:
'@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
I am reading section 6 of the mannual, but I still haven't found out it.
I changed mysqlaccess.conf, but I cannot find any .my.cnf. Should I create
it?
Thanks a lot for your help,
George

Thread
cannot shut it downGeorge Eleftheriou21 Apr
  • Re: cannot shut it downSasha Pachev21 Apr