List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Octavian Rasnita Date:May 15 2009 8:32am
Subject:Inserting a default null date
View as plain text
Hi,

I have a table with a column like:

date date default null,

If I enter an empty string in it, the default null value is added (as it
should).

But if I enter an invalid date by mistake, the date 0000-00-00 date date is
entered instead of the default null, and this is not good.

Can I do something to force MySQL to insert a null date if the entered date
is an invalid one?

Thank you.

--
Octavian

Thread
Inserting a default null date Octavian Rasnita15 May
  • Re: Inserting a default null dateJanek Bogucki15 May
  • Re: Inserting a default null date Martijn Tonies15 May
    • RE: Inserting a default null date Andrew Braithwaite15 May