List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:May 15 2009 7:48am
Subject:Re: Replication config
View as plain text
On May 12, 2009, at 11:11 PM, Simon J Mudd wrote:

> 1. Ensure binlogging is enabled on the master.
> 2. Ensure you setup grant permissions so the slave can connect to
> the master.
> 3. Configure on the slave the replication (which databases need to
> be replicated)
> 4. Get the master and slave in sync (via rsync, load/dump or whatever)
> 5. Run show master status on the master (assuming binlogging is
> enabled)
>   to get the current position on the master
> 6. use CHANGE MASTER TO on the slave providing the appropriate
> permissions.
> 7. Run: START SLAVE
> 8. Use: show slave status\G to check how the replication is working,
> and
>   and adjust as necessary.

Also, how do I set the slave to be read only?  I set read-only in
my.cnf and it made all databases read only.  I want to limit just the
replicated database to be read only.  The rest of them are production
databases in normal use by clients.

I suppose just not having a login and pass to the replicated database
is more than enough?

Replication configScott Haneda13 May
  • Re: Replication configSimon J Mudd13 May
    • Re: Replication configScott Haneda13 May
      • Re: Replication configSimon J Mudd14 May
      • Re: Replication configThomas Spahni14 May
    • Re: Replication configScott Haneda15 May
      • Re: Replication configSimon J Mudd16 May
        • Re: Replication configScott Haneda16 May