List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck - OlinData.com Date:May 15 2009 5:19am
Subject:Re: How to copy an statement in Mysql console
View as plain text
Blatantly assuming you are using PuTTy because of your question:

click-and-drag the mouse to select text. Then, press Shift+Ctrl+C to
copy to the clipboard. Press Shift+Ins to insert text back into the
console at the current carot-position.

Hope that helps..

Walter Heck

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM, jean claude babin <babin91@stripped> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm pretty new in MySql. I would like to know how you can copy a statement
> like
> mysql> INSERT INTO customers  ( firstname, surname, title, phone) values
>  (
> 'Jhon', 'Campbell', 'Mr', 345 987 5500)
> in the MySql console in order to avoid typing it each time you want to fill
> a new record.
> I tried to right click my mouse,it doesn't select what I need to highlight.
>
> Please,any advice is welcome.
>
> JC

Thread
How to copy an statement in Mysql consolejean claude babin15 May
  • Re: How to copy an statement in Mysql consoleMichael Dykman15 May
  • Re: How to copy an statement in Mysql consoleWalter Heck - OlinData.com15 May
  • Re: How to copy an statement in Mysql consoleClaudio Nanni15 May