List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:May 15 2009 12:05am
Subject:RE: How to set proper ibdata file?
View as plain text
David,

The only metric is "as big as it needs to be."

Personally I recommend setting innodb-file-per-table in the my.cnf, then configuring the
ibdata file to be some small size, with the autoextend option enabled.   That way it will
take up only as much space as it needs,  you'll be able to reduce space effectively by
dropping tables.

Regards,
Gavin Towey

--0016e6476110ee6f5e0469dc372e

 Hi.

   I want to know if there're a metric to adjust the innodb's ibdata file

size.

Any reply is appreciated.

--

David Yeung,

MySQL Senior Support Engineer,

Sun Gold Partner.

My Blog:http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn

Comanpy: http://www.actionsky.com

--0016e6476110ee6f5e0469dc372e

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential
information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies
of the original message.

Thread
How to set proper ibdata file?Moon's Father14 May
RE: How to set proper ibdata file?Gavin Towey15 May