List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:blackwater dev Date:May 12 2009 3:50pm
Subject:selecting the 'best' match
View as plain text
I have a hold car data such as color, model, make, year, etc.  I want to
allow the user to answer some questions and I'll present them with the car
that 'best' matches their criteria.  How do I do this?  I still want to
return ones that don't match exactly but want the closer matches ordered at
the top:

Table:cars

columns: car_id, make, model, year, color, condition

So if the user enterrs:

model: Toyota
year: 1998
condition:great
color: blue

I would show them a blue 1998 good conditioned camry first but farther down
in the list might still have a blue good condition 98 Honda.

Thanks!

Thread
selecting the 'best' matchblackwater dev12 May
  • Re: selecting the 'best' matchJohan De Meersman12 May
    • Re: selecting the 'best' matchblackwater dev12 May
      • Re: selecting the 'best' matchJohan De Meersman12 May
      • Re: selecting the 'best' matchCurtis Maurand12 May
  • Re: selecting the 'best' matchGerald L. Clark12 May
  • Re: selecting the 'best' matchJoerg Bruehe15 May