List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon J Mudd Date:May 10 2009 9:20am
Subject:Re: Still going in cicrles
View as plain text
compukat@stripped (michel) writes:

> I set up MySQL and when I try to start it it fails telling me that I
> need to run 'mysql_upgrade'.

Show us the full error output and provide information on the version
of MySQL you are using.

> When I run 'mysql_upgrade' it runs
> 'mysqlcheck' which is supposed to only be run when the server works

No, mysql_upgrade does call mysqlcheck to see if things need
adjusting. Look at the documentation
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-upgrade.html

Look at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/upgrade.html which
gives information on upgrading MySQL. However be careful as IMO this
documentation can be a bit confusing and is incomplete. Nevertheless
it's a good starting point.

If however you don't think you are upgrading then you need to provide
more information on how you are installing MySQL so we can determine
why MySQL thinks that it needs to do an upgrade. My guess would be
that you have multiple mysql binaries on your server and are not
running the version you expect.

Simon
Thread
Still going in cicrlesmichel9 May
  • Re: Still going in cicrlesSimon J Mudd10 May
  • Re: Still going in cicrlesmichel10 May
    • Re: Still going in cicrlesSimon J Mudd10 May
      • RE: Still going in cicrlesMartin Gainty10 May