List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olaf Stein Date:May 8 2009 4:29pm
Subject:Unix compress equivalent
View as plain text
Hi all

What is the equivalent in unix (more specifically python) to the compress()
function.

I am trying to make csv file for use with load data infile and am wondering
how to compress the strings that I would usually compress with compress() in
a regular sql statement. The field I am writing this into is longblob and I
need the compressed version here to be identical to what compress() would do

Thanks
olaf

----------------------------------------- Confidentiality Notice:
The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.
Thread
Unix compress equivalentOlaf Stein8 May
  • Re: Unix compress equivalentOlaf Stein8 May
    • Re: Unix compress equivalentwalter harms10 May
  • Re: Unix compress equivalentJanek Bogucki11 May
    • Re: Unix compress equivalentOlaf Stein11 May