List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Smith Date:May 7 2009 3:44pm
Subject:RE: Problems After MySql 5.1.34
View as plain text
Typically we see the problems with RH/Cent when you upgrade through those channels and
then do an install of the 5.1.x series on top of that.  I tried it about 9 months ago, so
the details are fuzzy.  I do know that in attempts to recover we extracted the RPM
contents and tried to copy them manually to satisfy the dependency but in the end that
didn't work for us for some reason.

We ended up just creating a new RPM for 5.1.x and then recompiling the dependent apps
against that and storing all of them in our own repo for yum update.