List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:thunder@isfahan.at Date:May 6 2009 6:13am
Subject:Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32
View as plain text
Thank you very much for all answers!!!!

I will trying Triggers and the example with the update after an INSERT.
Ant then, I use the best for me;-)

Thunder
> Yes, Triggers... I so rarely use them I forget they exist.
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Thomas Pundt <mlists@stripped> wrote:
>

>> Johnny Withers schrieb:
>>

>>> Well, I think an update after insert is the only way. Other than
>>> perpopulating another table with possibe crc values then usinga join:
>>>
>>> Select id from testtable
>>> Inner join crctable on testtable.id=crctable.id
>>> Where crctable.crcval='xxxxxxx'
>>>
>>> Just be sure to index the crcval column.
>>>

>> From my understanding, a TRIGGER might do exactly what Thunder needs.
>>
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-trigger.html
>>
>> Ciao,
>> Thomas Pundt

Thread
LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at3 May
  • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Johnny Withers3 May
    • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at3 May
      • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Johnny Withers4 May
        • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Thomas Pundt5 May
          • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Johnny Withers6 May
            • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at6 May
    • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at3 May