List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Pundt Date:May 5 2009 3:22pm
Subject:Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32
View as plain text
Johnny Withers schrieb:
> Well, I think an update after insert is the only way. Other than
> perpopulating another table with possibe crc values then usinga join:
>
> Select id from testtable
> Inner join crctable on testtable.id=crctable.id
> Where crctable.crcval='xxxxxxx'
>
> Just be sure to index the crcval column.

 From my understanding, a TRIGGER might do exactly what Thunder needs.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-trigger.html

Ciao,
Thomas Pundt
Thread
LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at3 May
  • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Johnny Withers3 May
    • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at3 May
      • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Johnny Withers4 May
        • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Thomas Pundt5 May
          • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32Johnny Withers6 May
            • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at6 May
    • Re: LAST_INSERT_ID and CRC32thunder@isfahan.at3 May