List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Menachem Bazian Date:May 5 2009 12:43pm
Subject:Slow connecting to MySQL from Windows App
View as plain text
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help me. I have an Ubuntu 8.04 server that
has worked FINE for months. The other day, the client rebooted it. They
shut it down properly and then later started it up again. (The server
was not experiencing any problems when they did it, there were other
reasons). Ever since then, when I try to connect to the MySQL server it
is running dead slow. As in 20-30 seconds to get a connect.

By the way, I just tried it with MySQL Administrator and it has problems
connecting as well so it is not the connector.

The server is located internally on a gigabit network.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
Thread
Slow connecting to MySQL from Windows AppMenachem Bazian5 May
  • RE: Slow connecting to MySQL from Windows AppMartin Gainty5 May