List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:MAS! Date:May 5 2009 8:01am
Subject:Re: backup from a slave
View as plain text
> One way to do this would be to issue a 'stop slave;' on the slave
> you are taking a backup from just before the backup starts.  Then
> issue a 'show slave status\G' to get the master log file and
> position.  You can use this to setup the new slave properly.

ok, thanks, I was thinking it'd be a better solution.

btw, I have to get the  Master_Log_File and Read_Master_Log_Pos or
Relay_Master_Log_File and Exec_Master_Log_Pos to start the new slave
correctly !?

may be my slave is not updated in 'realtime'

thank you in advance

MAS!

Thread
backup from a slaveMAS!4 May
  • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
      • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May
        • Re: backup from a slaveLawrence Sorrillo5 May
          • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May