List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Josh Miller Date:May 4 2009 11:10pm
Subject:Re: backup from a slave
View as plain text
MAS! wrote:
> I'd like to use that backup to setup a new slave (from the same (and
> unique) master); the problem is I don't know how set-up this new slave,
> since I don't know the right master binary-log num and position; in the
> backup I have the "slave's" binary-log/pos and not the master ones :(

One way to do this would be to issue a 'stop slave;' on the slave you
are taking a backup from just before the backup starts.  Then issue a
'show slave status\G' to get the master log file and position.  You can
use this to setup the new slave properly.

Remember to issue a 'start slave;' after taking the backup, but also
after you obtain the master log file and position.

HTH,
--
Josh Miller, RHCE/VCP
Seattle, WA
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
      • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May
        • Re: backup from a slaveLawrence Sorrillo5 May
          • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May