List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:MAS! Date:May 4 2009 8:28pm
Subject:backup from a slave
View as plain text
I have a master-slave replication that works well (thank you MySQL's
team) :D

each night I make a backup from my slave; this is my crontab line:

mysqldump --opt -Q -u root --master-data -pxyz mydb >/var/
mydb_backup.sql

even that works well

I'd like to use that backup to setup a new slave (from the same (and
unique) master); the problem is I don't know how set-up this new
slave, since I don't know the right master binary-log num and
position; in the backup I have the "slave's" binary-log/pos and not
the master ones :(

any suggestion?

thank you in advance

regards

MAS!

Thread
backup from a slaveMAS!4 May
  • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
    • Re: backup from a slaveMAS!5 May
      • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May
        • Re: backup from a slaveLawrence Sorrillo5 May
          • Re: backup from a slaveJosh Miller5 May