List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:May 3 2009 6:04pm
Subject:Re: Log querys from stored procedure
View as plain text
Hello Mauricio,

Mauricio Tellez wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to debug a stored procedure. This SP has a few queries and
> also call another SP. I'm starting mysql with the --log=my_queries.log but I
> found that mysql only log the "call my_sp(param1, param2)" but don't log any
> query inside my_sp neither log the nested SP call. By the way, how can I log
> the triggers queries? Do I need to set some kind of "query log verbose
> level"? thanks in advance.

Neither the statements within a stored procedure nor the individual
statements within SQL functions are written to any query log. There are
two ways to trace your functions:

1) run the mysqld in a debugger and trace it that way

2) embed statements within your procedures that write to a log table at
various points during the execution. This is a technique that works well
  for all sorts of development problems (MS SQL, ASP, MySQL stored
procedures, etc)

--
Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Thread
Log querys from stored procedureMauricio Tellez29 Apr
  • Re: Log querys from stored procedureShawn Green3 May