List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:May 3 2009 6:01pm
Subject:Re: Is there a MySQL 5.4 Speed advantage for MyISAM tables?
View as plain text
At 09:40 AM 4/30/2009, you wrote:
>I see MySQL 5.4 is
>out.  http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/generate-article.php?id=1602
>
>Sun claims there are speed improvements for Innodb and ClusterDb
>tables,  but is there any reason to upgrade if I'm only using MyISAM tables?
>Also I didn't see a Windows binary download. Does this mean I have to
>compile the source from one of the Linux distros? What compiler do I use?
>TIA
>
>Mike

So I guess no one has tried 5.4 yet with MyISAM tables? I am glad to see in
5.4 they have implemented the Google patches to Innodb which should speed
up locking. But for MyISAM users, is there any advantage to switching to 5.4?

TIA
Mike

Thread
Is there a MySQL 5.4 Speed advantage for MyISAM tables?mos30 Apr
  • Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Daevid Vincent30 Apr
    • SELECT of records that have a matching record in a many to many tableNigel Peck30 Apr
      • Re: SELECT of records that have a matching record in a many to many tableMartijn Engler4 May
    • Re: Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Andy Shellam30 Apr
      • RE: Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Gary Smith30 Apr
      • Re: Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Shawn Green3 May
  • Re: Is there a MySQL 5.4 Speed advantage for MyISAM tables?mos3 May