List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:May 3 2009 5:38pm
Subject:Re: Question regards mysqldump and replication
View as plain text
Dominik Klein wrote:
> Hi.
> I have a question regarding mysql replication and mysqldump.
> I have a master (A). All my clients insert/update/delete only to this
> master. Then I have a Slave (B). This slave only replicates the master.
> There are no other processes changing/inserting data into the Slave. The
> slave also logs binlog so I could replicate from that server as well.
> Now I want a chained Slave ( like A -> B -> C , C being the chained slave).
> So my idea is: stop replication on B so no changes during dump, dump its
> master status, mysqldump all databases. Then load the dump on C and
> configure slave on C according to the master status from B.
> I did that and end up in hundreds of duplicate key errors. How can that
> be? What should I do now? Do I need to wait for some settling after I
> have "stop slave" on B and before starting the actual mysqldump?
> Mysql Version is 5.0.51b on A and B, 5.0.77 on C, operating system is linux.

If you did this:

(on B)
<dump all data>

(on C)
<restore all data>
CHANGE MASTER TO ... <binary log coordinates from B>

Then this should have worked.

If C started replicating from the first binary log of B, then this would
very easily explain the mass of duplicate key problems.

Double check your replication coordinates.
Shawn Green, MySQL Senior Support Engineer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Office: Blountville, TN

Question regards mysqldump and replicationDominik Klein30 Apr
  • Re: Question regards mysqldump and replicationShawn Green3 May