List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:April 30 2009 2:40pm
Subject:Is there a MySQL 5.4 Speed advantage for MyISAM tables?
View as plain text
I see MySQL 5.4 is
out.  http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/generate-article.php?id=1602

Sun claims there are speed improvements for Innodb and ClusterDb
tables,  but is there any reason to upgrade if I'm only using MyISAM tables?
Also I didn't see a Windows binary download. Does this mean I have to
compile the source from one of the Linux distros? What compiler do I use?
TIA

Mike

Thread
Is there a MySQL 5.4 Speed advantage for MyISAM tables?mos30 Apr
  • Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Daevid Vincent30 Apr
    • SELECT of records that have a matching record in a many to many tableNigel Peck30 Apr
      • Re: SELECT of records that have a matching record in a many to many tableMartijn Engler4 May
    • Re: Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Andy Shellam30 Apr
      • RE: Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Gary Smith30 Apr
      • Re: Where the hell did 5.4 come from?Shawn Green3 May
  • Re: Is there a MySQL 5.4 Speed advantage for MyISAM tables?mos3 May