List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:April 29 2009 6:02pm
Subject:Re: Question on replication terminology
View as plain text
Dual master replication can be either dual master dual write or dual
master single writer. The latter is preferred. In this configuration
replication is connected in both directions but clients only ever
connect to one master at a time. It's just as safe as master -> slave
replication if you handle the failover correctly.

-Eric