List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Smith Date:April 29 2009 5:06pm
Subject:RE: Partition of Mysql
View as plain text
Lin,

I've had mixes results but you might have better success.  As John mentioned, there are a
couple factors that you need to take into account.

How much data are you talking about (physical size and number of rows).  I know you say 15
years of data but is that 100's of millions of rows?

Give you more information and we can probably give you a better answer.  Maybe a table
structure and numbers behind it would be nice.

Gary