List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:April 28 2009 10:43pm
Subject:Re: Question on replication terminology
View as plain text
Hi there,
I would only like to stress that the only supported (and recommended)
replication solution in MySQL is
Master--->Slave  replication.
In this scenario you can have ONLY one master and (virtually) any number
of slaves.
There is NO other safe replication solution.
The terms you mention seems to refer to the same solution, where you
have two servers each acting as a master:
this is a non standard dangerous scenario in MySQL and requires
application logic awareness.

Hope to have brought a little light in your mind

Cheers
Claudio

Vikram Vaswani wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm new to replication and looking through some docs on how to use it. Could
> someone please tell me if the following terms mean the same thing or, if
> not, what is the difference:
>
> master-master replication
> dual-master replication
> bidirectional replication
>
> TIA
> -BT

Thread
Question on replication terminologyVikram Vaswani27 Apr
  • Re: Question on replication terminologyClaudio Nanni29 Apr
    • Re: Question on replication terminologyEric Bergen29 Apr
      • Re: Question on replication terminologyCurtis Maurand29 Apr